Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Konop To Run For Class President


West Toledo:

Ben Konop who at the start of this years Mayoral Campaign season pledged to “take his ball and go home” if not elected has apparently filed his petition with the Start High School Student Council to run for Class President.

“I was pretty shocked when I got called to the office, I never get called to the office” said Student Council VP Tricia Abberson.

“ I was even more shocked to find Mr. Konop standing there waiting for me, and then when he told me he wanted to run for our class president I was just astounded. When he first told me I didn’t really hear him because I was too focused on why he was squinting so hard like he was staring into the sun or something. Then once I heard he repeat himself I knew it was for real” said Ms. Abberson

A review of the Roy C. Start High School Student Council bylaws clearly states that all candidates must be a student at the school at the start of the school year. However, after a quick 5-2 vote and the customary gang “beat in”, Mr. Konop was given the honor of Honorary Spartan.

“ Well I won the Commissioners seat on my aunt Sandy’s name and I obviously bit off more than I can chew with running for Mayor and I’m humble enough to know where my shortcomings are that I decided I should take a step back and really find myself down here in the “minor leagues” of politics.

During Mr. Konop’s first speech as a class president candidate he promised 4 square tournaments every Wednesday and Dodge ball every Thursday. On Fridays Mr. Konop promised to introduce a new game to the Start students called “Where’s the crack dealer” similar to the popular books “Where’s Waldo” this would be a live version where students would win by simply finding the crack dealer in their school.

According to Mr. Konop all of these games have real world applications which he promises to introduce to the citizens of Toledo the next time he runs for Mayor.

“I barely beat Opal Covey this last time around so I have to bring it strong the next time around” said Mr. Konop

No comments:

Post a Comment