Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Former Toledo Resident Claims Tornado Did Not Sound Like a Freight Train


Tupelo, MS- Former Toledo resident David Byers moved to Tupelo last year after the decline in the automotive market started to get serious. Mr. Byers a graduate of Bowsher High School secured a roofing job with a local firm and was excited by his new opportunity.

“I have always been really handy and I figured what a better place to get a roofing job than Tornado Alley” said Byers

That all changed around 1:30 pm on Tuesday April 28th. An F4 Tornado ripped through the modest subdivision of Willow Woods; the twister moved cars and ripped houses to pieces

“I was in my garage getting tools for the next job when the skies turned black and I looked out of my garage and saw the twister coming straight for me. My original reaction was to run to the basement but when I arrived in MS they told me you have to run around and chase the storms because you never know when you could end up on one of those Extreme Video shows on TNT or Spike., and once you’re on that you’re a star at the local diner for the rest of the storm season”

The storm had already made its way through 3 other towns and clean up was already under way as TV crews converged on the scene.

“After the storm there were reporters everywhere looking for an interview but no one wanted to hear what I had to say. The first reporter said I wasn’t good for TV because I had all of my teeth, the second said I didn’t have a beer in my hand or a NASCAR shirt on so I wasn’t able to be on TV. Then, when the third asked me what it sounded like and I said a convoy of semi trucks she nearly punched me and said she was going to report me to Sheriff Thompson” said Byers

F4 Tornados which are just behind F5’s in severity are often compared to the sound of a freight train coming down the tracks.

When asked if he would be consider moving back to Toledo after this recent event Mr. Byers said

“Are you kidding me? Between no police, the mayor throwing cups at people, unemployment, gangs, and an irregular garbage pick up schedule………I’ll take my chances here in Tornado Alley”

No comments:

Post a Comment