Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rent A Center Employee Caught In Drug Raid



North Toledo-

Frank Gilliam of 4254 Devonshire and an employee of Rent A Center was setting up a T.V. at a house located on the 600 block of Doyle St in North Toledo around 9:30pm Sunday night when he suddenly found himself caught in the middle of a Toledo Police drug raid.

Mr. Gilliam on his second day of employment with RAC entered the house on Doyle St looking for Oscar Johnson who had rented the 68 inch TV for the NBA Playoffs.

“When I knocked on the door I heard a bunch of commotion inside and then a hand came out of the mail slot with a small white bag in it. I thought maybe he thought I was a trick or treater or something, but it was May so I quickly figured out what was going on” said Mr. Gilliam

Mr. Gilliam identified himself as Rent A Center and they occupants quickly let him in as the game was to start in just under 30 minutes.

“As soon as I walked in they offered me a 40 of King Cobra but I turned it down because the Rent A Center code of ethics clearly states that I can not be under the influence of any substance while wearing my blue shirt, we take a lot of pride in this shirt”

Oscar Johnson a 4 time felon has done time for possession, trafficking, domestic violence and possession of an unregistered firearm and is currently a person of interest in the 2006 slaying of a convenience store clerk.

As Mr. Gilliam moved the large screen TV into position a loud knock at the door, followed by screams of “police, police” and then glass shattering scared the 5ft 4in Gilliam into the corner where he laid as the raid was completed.

All the occupants of the house gave up without a fight except Mr. Johnson who fought with police for approx. 3 minutes. As the officers tried to subdue the 4 time felon a god awful smell engulfed the room.

“Man did you shit yo self?” asked Mr. Johnson of Mr. Gilliam.

Mr. Gilliam then jumped to his feet and ran outside to waiting police officers. Upon exiting the house the officers located on the front lawn could hear the taunts and laughs from the suspects directed towards Mr. Gilliam.

“I didn’t know what to do, I mean I’ve never seen anything like this, one minute I’m setting up a TV the next I’m on an episode of COPS, plus I had been at the St. Pats festival the night before and me and draft beer just don’t get along, I don’t know if I’m cut out for this job, I think I might just go start a soup shop or something.”

No comments:

Post a Comment