Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ottawa Hills Residents Shocked To Find Real Crime Exists


Ottawa Hills, OH-

Late Tuesday morning a very disturbed man took his wife hostage at Sunset Home, a retirement community located at 4030 Indian Rd. Michael Swiregosz entered the Sunset Retirement Community and took his estranged wife hostage causing area schools and homes to be evacuated. Law enforcement agencies from around the area convened on the sleepy affluent village located in West Toledo. St.Ursula Acedemy, Ottawa Hills High School, Jr. High and Elementary Schools were all evacuated in order to ensure the safety of the students. Linda Madison a resident of 4016 Indian Rd was shocked when she heard what was happening just down the street from her 3 bedroom $500,000.00 ranch home.

“ I heard sirens and I looked out my window and saw lots of police cars and a big truck that said S.W.A.T on the side go past my house, I just couldn’t believe in it. These types of things only happen in the inner city and movies” said Mrs. Madison.

Toledo Police, Lucas County Sheriff, and the Ottawa Hills Police Department were all involved in the 3 hour standoff which ended when Mr. Swiregosz put down his weapon and surrendered to police.

“ I called my husband who was just teeing off at Inverness and told him what was happening. He didn’t believe me at first but after he heard the sirens he came rushing home”- Mrs. Madison

“When I got the call from my wife we had just walked up to the first tee, at first I didn’t believe her. I mean come on this type of thing doesn’t happen this far down Dorr St. I heard the sirens in the background and I jumped in my Lexus and rushed home. Thankfully when I got there the police had him surrounded. I just never though this type of thing would happen in Ottawa Hills. You usually only hear about things like this in rough cities like Sylvania and Perrysburg” said Mr. Madison

According to the most recent crime report released by OHPD only 5 crimes were reported in Ottawa Hills in all of 2008. 3 people were reported to be going 28 mph, one person was stopped for a DUI when they got lost coming out of Arnies. The biggest scare occurred on March 13, 2008 when an east sider actually entered Ottawa Hills to pick up his girlfriend from St. Ursula.

As the standoff ended Ottawa Hills residents were relieved to find that no one was hurt and vowed to build a wall around their village to keep all of these working folks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment